- By invitation only – i.e. on recommentation of a StartAngels member (sponsor, or Pate in German). The candidate already has invested in start-ups or has a substantiated intention to invest in start-ups
- The candidate has experience as investor, in the creation and management of businesses or he commands knowledge important for the StartAngels Network
- Pro-active personality buttressing the StartAngels Network
- Networking und participation at our events are a concern of the candidate
- The canditate is aware of the high risk incurred with early stage investments. Start-up investments are illiquid assets and may result in total loss of the invested capital.
- Following an invitation by a StartAngels member or by a partner organisation (AKB or Vontobel), the candidate participates at two StartAngels events.
- The canidate needs a StartAngel as a sponsor. As a rule, the inviting StartAngel assumes this part. For further individuals interested in membership the board will assign a suited member to contact and pre-appraise the candidate.
- The candidate submits his CV to the sponsor, while the sponsor in turn adds his comments and forwards the CV to the president (if the sponsor is a member of the board, the CV and comments will be forwarded to all board members)
- One board member interviews the candidate (omitted if the sponsor is a member of the biard)
- The board decides on the admission, by circular letter as a rule
StartAngels Network bylaws (in German): Download